a personal place for prayers, thoughts, stories and updates from me, on my journey with Intercordia

Thursday, December 2, 2010

being with

A storyteller of sorts once said,

have you ever seen young, real young ones interacting together?

If one of them gets agitated, and leaps into wails, the other wee ones join together, weeping. They feel each other, in a real, indescribable way- so it seems... to an adult who can say that she has laughed when seeing a peer run into a doorway, or a group of nuns slip on ice...
As we grow older in the world, we begin to learn detachment and emotional alienation for what one another are feeling. This continues to the point when we can actually feel pleasure or satisfaction from someone else's pain or discomfort. How hard has my heart become?

This is generally where I am at. Young woman, trying to- most days I feel like I am wanting to want to try to unfetter and untether my heart.
"I thirst, I thirst..."

I find out on friday where Intercordia is sending me. Intercordia, the program created by the amazing Jean Vanier, whose mission statement is to "see the world with the eyes of your heart".
They are sending myself, and nine other University of Toronto students on our own, all over the globe to be temporarily stripped of our family, culture, language, comforts ect. for three months. Incredible thanks and gratitude to all the family, friends, loved ones, the Only, Saint Michael's College and Intercordia for this great opportunity.

"Intercordia Canada is a non-profit organization that partners with Canadian universities in order to offer students a unique, university accredited, engaged-learning experience. The goal of this innovative learning program is to encourage moral responsiveness, develop respect for diversity and a valuing of other cultures, religions and socio-economic backgrounds that will enable Canadian students to attain a well-educated solidarity with others who are different." via http://www.intercordiacanada.org/index.php/about/


I have been reflecting on Mother Teresa and her writings 


“No matter what you have done, I (our Sweet Creator) love you for your own sake. Come to me with your misery and your sins, with your trouble and needs, and with all your longing to be loved. I stand at the door of your heart and knock. Open to me, for I thirst for you.” brackets my addition, I found at http://cassylee.wordpress.com/2009/04/03/i-thirst-for-you-by-mother-teresa/


Subtle Sweetness, Tender Relief
please, please
come with Your Ease...
come soften what was hardened. 

1 comment:

  1. It is going to be an incredible journey, Leigh! And I know that you are going to experience it to the fullest because you go with your heart wide open. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete